Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Seeing purple spots, right side of face numb. Worried

I am seeing purple spots out of the corner of my eye after coming back from a dentist appointment and having the right side of my face numbed. The are quite vibrant and seem to appear mainly when white surfaces are in the corner of my eye. For example, walking around my house on my white carpet and looking forward, they appear on the carpet in the corner of my eye but fade when I try and look directly at them. They tend to linger, however, when I directly look at them which is what concerns me. I do wear glasses and contacts. I am a 15 year old female of healthy height and weight. I m just wondering how serious this could be. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

The numbness of the face after visit from dentist is probably due to the local anesthesia dentist might have given you. If it is a big purple spot, it could be a condition called sub-hyaloid hemorrhage, which is not a serious condition and is self limiting. However, if the spots increase, you should consult an eye specialist (preferably a vitreo-retinal surgeon).

Meantime, you can start taking tablet Vitamic C and some anti-coagulants. You should also get a CBC (complete blood count) done to rule out any bleeding tendencies.

Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor