Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Seeing double, one eyelid covered up more than other eye. Is this diplopia?

hey my eyes ,an eyelid is covered up more than the other eye,when i have the laptop in front of me and i look at it i notice that in the backround the tv is crossed or shows double,when i cover one eye it is normal but on my webcam when i look up at the wall or something the allignment of my eyes arent even,i think this is diplopia but im not sure and i am not crossed eyes,please could you tell me what this is i am only 13,thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is most probably due to paresis of some of your extra-ocular muscles. You need to consult a neurologist or an eye specialist (squint specialist) .

You might be having squint of very less deformity which is not noticeable easily by you. Drooping of lid is due to ptosis which once again needs to be examined by a neurologist or eye specialist in clinic.

Meanwhile, when you have to do fine work, you can bandage the affected eye or sometimes by keeping the head in a particular posture, this diplopia can be overcome.


Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor