Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Sebaceous cyst on top of scalp, painful. Suggest cure?

Hi I ve had a sebaceous cyst on top of my scalp for years it gets infected from time to time which my doc then gives me antibiotics ..but now I m 18 weeks pregnant & I think it s got infected again cos it is very sore my husband as looked at it & he squeezed it a bit & loads of brown smelly gunk has come out & straight away the cyst has gone down quite a lot but is still very painful.what should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  176
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, Welcome to HCM, I am Dr. Das.

Look, a sebaceous cyst when get infected can cause this type of problem. It is a definite indication for operative excision.

Basically it is a collection of sebaceous keratin material in that area.

Look, for now, you just take some antibiotic and wait till delivery. After that you should consult for excision with general surgeon.

Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor