Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Scratching in throat post chewing chicken bones, feel a small flap of skin hanging out. Should I see a doctor?

Hello Doctor, I just have a small query. Yesterday, I was chewing a few chicken bones and one of them seems to have scratched my throat slightly and now I have this foreign body sensation(as though something is pricking my throat.) It s not a serious painful problem or anything but I was wondering if I should go see a doctor about it? I tried feeling the back of my throat and I can feel a small flap of skin hanging out (which is probably what s causing this slight pain when I swallow ) but I m not able to pull it out as the skin is quite deep in the throat.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

With such symptoms there is always a possibility that some part of the bone has stuck somewhere in the throat. If this part is somewhere in the soft tissues of the throat, it may lead to inflammation. That is why, you should visit your doctor and have it checked.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Azhar's  Response
There is nothing to worry you should have an xray and visit your ENT specialist to get out that foreign body.
It will be fine after removal.

I hope I am succesful in solving in your query if you have more you can ask me
Take care
Dr. Azhar Sattar
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor