Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Scoliosis in lower back. Cringing feeling in upper body. Is it neurological problem?

I am 50, very healthy. Work out 5 days a week. I have scoliosis in lower back, a c curve. So I know & deal with pain all my life. I am experiencing something strange. A cringing feeling in my upper body, head, chest , arms. Feels like nerve endings. I don t have time to see a dr. unless it s emergency. Could this be a neurological problem or something I should just get a blood test to see if it s diabetes or high colesterol. This is creating a problem in my daily activity. Happens very frequentely and stops me in my tracks. Only lasts for seconds.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear User ,

thank you for getting in touch with us. its not an emergency first of all , it could be a neurological problem like prolapsed disc that impinge on your nerves in a certain movement but you dont need to panic about it , its not cholesterol or diabetes but its wise to check your levels every once and while from now on and to keep track on your baseline levels. if you work in an office try to set up right most of the time , if you have to use the computer alot try to obtain a healthy posture , avoid carrying heavy objects and check if your bed and pillow are comfortable enough , avoid sharp sudden neck and back movements , if the symptoms persist you need to get an X-ray and MRI and go to your doctor in order to prescribe pain killers which would help assist in decreasing the inflammation in the protruding disc.

please rate my answer as 5 stars if you find helpful.
Best regards ,
Dr. Ahmad
Answered: Mon, 10 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor