Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Scleral cyst treatment

hello, I have a baby boy - 14 months old, he has a cyst on the sclera of the eye . We went to see hima doctor at about 3 months when we saw that but they said that we have to wait until he is one year old. Now, we went again and they said is a cyst on the eye and it is not doing any harm to the child so we should nothing. Only if the cyst gets bigger than we should ask a doctor. Any away I would prefer to know if there is something to do now, not wait to get bigger some day. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  819
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi if you are mentioning about a transparent cyst in the white part(sclera) of the eye ,then it is a sub conjunctival cyst which is harmless. If it is causing irritation then it can be punctured with a sterile needle by your doctor.
But if it is a intrascleral cyst then it needs a different management. So find out what cyst it is by having a second opinion.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 26 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Swapnil Kothari's  Response

I agree with Dr Vidhya. What u can also do is just take a close up photo of the same. u can use it for a periodic review for any change in the cyst, say every 6 months to a year. This way it will also tell you if there is any different pathology affecting the eye.

Hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor