Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Sciatica, pain and inflammation in hips and knee, piriformis syndrome

hy sir i m suffering with sciatica from 1 year i m 32 yrs old male married 1 year ago doctor check my x-ray n says there is an compression in vertibrae but sir can u plz explain me that i cant feel 1% of backpain only pain and inflammation in hips and under knee if a compression in vertibrea then thank god i dont have pain in vertibrae i think there is a PRIFORMIS SYNDEROM whts ur great opinion sir itsjust my thinking and if i m suffering in PRIFORMIS SYNDEROM then wht can i do and wich test shows exactly PRIFORMIS SYNDEROM causes i m very thankfull 2 u sir
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

This is to just to let you know that all other possible causes of sciatica have to be ruled out before diagnosing your condition as pyriformis syndrome.

There is no single test to diagnose pyriformis syndrome. Physical examination, symptoms presentation, Nerve conduction tests and MRI scan may help in diagnosing the condition.

I suggest you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for a detailed evaluation and further management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day

Answered: Thu, 12 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor