Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Scars under chin, one scar like a line, the other round in shape. Using kelocote cream, slight fading. How can I remove these scars permanently?

Hi! I have got this scar under my chin . I got it due to an car accident on 1st Jan 2010. their are 2 scars one is like a line and the other is a round. the line is a little bit uneven but the round is like a dead skin attached. I showed it to a plastic surgeon and he said to use kelocote gel. I have been using it since 30 days now. The scar has discoloured a little bit. But i want to remove the scar or fade it away completely. When i got injured the doctor first cleaned it and put a liquid medicine and covered it. i repeated the procedure for 10-15 days. after that i started washing it and putting water over it. It doesnt hurt. I wanted a more of a non-side effects treatment. Could this scar be faded away? Thanks,
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
thanks for your query on health care magic
The scars you are talking about is thIe end result of the trauma to your body and body's response to heal itself
The exact treatment for the scars I can tell you only once I see your scar in person or atleast in a picture. the scar which you are talking about may be hypertrophied in nature , ie. raised above the surface of normal skin , or wide in nature due to no stitching done at the time of trauma or maybe surprised below the normal skin level. There are various kinds of treatments that can be done for scars - depending isupon the kind of scars we are treating . The best alternative is to do Surgical revision of the scar with the best suturing done with minimal tissuehandling by a plastic surgeon in the resting skin tension lines (RSTL) followed by resurfacing with Fractional CO2 Laser provided scar is mature.In case of tendency of scars to hypertrophy we inject triamcinolone which reduces the tendency of hypertrophy of scars. If the scar is depressed then we need to do subscussion of scar or elevation and filling it with fat by Liposuction. But what modality suits you the most i can say once i see your scar. God Bless 
Answered: Sun, 1 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor