Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Scars on the cheek due to stitches post accident. How can I get rid of them?

sir i had an accident almost 2 years ago... in that i had a scar on mu right cheek because it got a cut due to an barbwire.. i had two stitches there on my cheek during surgery... those stitches marks are still visible and it gives a very bad impression.. sir plz me to get through this? i wanna remove it by any means whether by cosmetic surgery or by means of medicine...
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
This is not a big issue. Scar revision will settle the issue. Please Contact with your photo ( Front and side view ) You can meet a Otolaryngologisrt or a plastic surgeon I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information or advise regarding surgery on this

With warm regards
Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Manoj Waghmare's  Response
hi...i am dr manoj
there are two ways you can reduce a scar...either you go ahead with a scar revision surgery by a plastic this technique the surgeon removes the scar tissue and closes it with very fine stiches...but the final outcome depends up on the extent of your scar...second thing you can do is the fractional laser which again helps to reduce the scar this technichque the laser rays forms microthermal zones in side the skin which heals with increased collagen synthesis and collagen remodelling to lead to resurfacing of the can also apply scanil cream to reduce the scar...the fact is that there is no way the scar can be removed completely but yes it can be reduced permanantly...dont worry
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sharad Mishra's  Response
Hello Mayank,

Facial scars are undoubtedly the worst scars because they can not be hidden in any way. I expect that two years after the injury the scar is mature and will not improve further on its own or with medicines. You should plan a scar revision surgery by an experienced plastic & cosmetic surgeon. During this process the scar will be carefully removed and wound restitched in a better way to give a hairline scar which easily blends in the remaining skin.

After surgery you can either plan scar modulating cremes or full face resurfacing to further fade out the hair line scar.

Best Regards,
Dr. Sharad Mishra
Cosmetic & Hair Transplant Surgeon
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor