Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Scars on arm. Cream or solution to reduce?

Over an year back, i cut my arm with a blade as i was really mad over something, the wounds healed but the scars are still there on my arm. they are somehow a little embossed. i need to know is there any cream or solution which can help me to reduce these scars? i really dont want to go for a cosmetic surgery or something like that. it really lowers my self esteem and disturbs me alot. i just have to hide my arm all the time at school.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, it seems that you are having linear scar. Scar revision is the best treatment , done by plastic surgeon. If you do not want to consult him, then apply silicone containing gel ...Hexilak silicone gel for long time.Or take intralesional steroid injection in scar, if the scar is hypertrophic.I hope, scar look will improve.. Ok
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor