Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Scar tissue on lung. Had TB treatment. Medication to clear scar?

hello sir. i am 34 yrs old, female i have lungs scar on my upper right lobe almost 7 years. i suffered in 2005 from tb & i completed the treatment.i want to god UAE as my fiancee is working there and after marriage I want to go there. i can t get visa from the scar of my lungs. sir can you tell me that is it possible that i can clear the scar from my lungs with medicine?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Pulmonary tuberculosis in some patients left fibrotic shadow or scar in parenchyma of lung. With time sometimes the scar may disappear but rarely. Any scar from past tuberculosis does not mean that you are suffering from active disease. So, please take a medical certificate from a pulmonologist or TB specialist that you dont have any active tuberculosis. There is no medicine that can clear the scar. Fibrosis in lung only can be cleared by surgery but it is not indicated if the patient does not have any life threatening symptoms like hemoptysis.
Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor