Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Scar on chest, painful, keloid. How can it be removed?

I am suffering from a scar on my chest for the past 5 years. Sometimes it pains so severly that is intolerable. On medical examination it was found to be keloid. How can i get rid of it. I tried many treatments like laser , but no use. Please advise i want to get a complete cure. I am not able to wear fashionable dresses.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
i can understand your concerns.
First of all i want to make it clear to you that keloids proved to be resistant to treatmenty,although they can be made thin or less redened but canot be cured or removed completely.
I am sure your dermatologist would have explained and tried everything before giving you the option of lasers.(pulsed dye lasers are relatively effective)
The problem with the keloids is if you remove them surgically you ll get a larger and thicker than the original one,otherwise surgical excison would have been a very good option.
Although i can make some recommendations to you,please do not do any skin surgery,tattoes or body piercing because you already have a keloid so you are at risk to develop another one.
also if you have Acne then you should immidiately see ur dermatologist to treat it there and then to avoid scarring.
I hope you ll find the information helpful.
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor