Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Scar from a cyst in between the eyes. Any way to get rid of this?

Hi i have a slightly indented scar from a cyst right between my eyes. It looks like two enlarged pores right beside eachother is there anything non invasive i can do to even out the surface and make it less noticeable time seems to have helped but it still bothers me because of the location. No one else seems botherd by it but i know its very visible.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query.

The treatment for scars depend on the nature, depth and extent of the injury and the scarring process.Depending on the same, there are several treatment options ranging from creams to surgical methods.

Non invasive methods of scar treatment include topical self drying silicone gel and topical silicone gel sheetings.These are safe and effective treatments for hypertrophic and keloidal scars. Unfortunately, for the nature of the scar you mention,this will have not much use.

As for invasive methods, there are several options like subscision,excision of the scar tissue by punch excision and suturing,injection of filler substances.You should visit a plastic surgeon to assess the nature and degree of scarring as the exact modality can only be suggested on inspecting the area and the dimensions of the scar.

hope this helps.take care!
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor