Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Scar and keloids from burn injuries. Received cortisone injections. What can be done?

In the early 70s, between the ages of 10 and 14, I received many cortisone injection treatments into my scars/ keloids from 3rd degree burn injuries. I also took oral cortisone as well. I was wondering if this type of treatment is still done, and if there are any side effects that maybe the medical profession knows now, that they may not have known back then. I have heard that cortisone settles in joints. Is this true?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to the HCM.

Corticosteroids and local application of silicon patch can give symptomatic from pain and itching due to keloids.

But there is no definitive treatment for keloids.It can reappear after surgery also.

Corticosone never accumulates anywhere for a long.This is just for few days of rapid relief from pain.

Hope this information will help you.

More queries most welcome .

Thank you.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor