Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Scanty period flow, excessive hair loss, lowering breast size,normal hb count, normal abdominal US. Related?

I am 29 tear old. Hi my height is 5 2 weight is 49 kg . for last 4 years I an getting scanty periods. Get it on every 29 th day however it has reduced from 5 days to 3 to 2 & now only one day of flow. My hb count is normal. abdominal ultrasound done in year 2010 was normal. One done in last year shows retroverted uterus but otherwise normal .( ovary does not have polycystic features). Since last 1 year there is excess hair loss . breast size is reduced & hv got dark circles with sunken eyes. Is this all interlinked. Please help...
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query. What your facing is probably HYPOMENORRHOEA, after considering your associated symptoms, its more like HYPERANDROGENISM, i.e Increased androgen levels, so I suggest you consult a gynaec, and I think you should undergo some blood investigations like, Serum testosterone, DHEAS and 17-oh-progesterone levels, along with that get ultrasound of abdomen to rule out any ADRENAl causes.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor