Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Scanty blood flow during periods, hormonal imbalance, ayurvedic treatment stopped, irregular periods again

hi... i have very less blood flow during menstruation cycle, maybe this because of hormonal balance, i took the medicine ( Ayurveda treatment) then my period was okay, but again after leaving the medicine, the blood flow is reduce..... what to do to make it normal?... i want to know that because of this problem i cant conceive in future?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  2778
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you haven't mentioned about your AGE, but going through your history, it seems that you are in Reproductive age group (conceive in future).Amenorrhea is a sign of underlying disorder.
2. have you consulted with a Gynecologist about the same? was it oligomenorrhea, hypomenorrhea, were Hormonal Imbalance,thyroid function,hemoglobin level test carried out, did USg revelaed any structural abnormality? (hypoplastic uterus,PCOS
3. family history (mother,grand ma, sister)??? suffered from same complaint
4. any physical/mental STRESS?
5. your body weight?? (people with less body weight tend to get scanty periods)
6. after proper check up with your Gynecologist,you can consult with Ayurveda Physician about necessary medicines and life style modifications.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Dhara Shah's  Response
hi welcome to hcm.see less blood flow during menses there are some of reason like anemia,thyroid,some hormonal imbalance or may be normal.ashoka Q which is good uterine tonic you take 20 drops in some water every day also do simultaneously yoga and exercise and some blood test like CBC,THYROID PROFILE,FSH,LH ,PROLACTIN if all test normal then if your periods are regular then no need to worry but if not then once concern gynec specialist opinion and do sonography so you will aware of any problem related to your fertility.
Answered: Wed, 18 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor