Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Scant report could not find baby's heart beat. Safe to abort?

Hi My wife is 25 years old . She vomitted twice yestersay that is on ( 03-01-2013 ) and later she had check up and scanning done , the report days that she is pregnant , and the heartbeat have not yet started , it will take 7 days for heart beat to run . My query is that is it safe to dis-continue to pregnancy , as it was un-expected , ... so please help me I m really worried ....
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You can go for an abortion if it is an unplanned pregnancy and the heart beat has not yet appeared. But if it is her first pregnancy then it is best to keep the baby as the abortion is always associated with some complications which should be avoided.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor