Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Scan shows not calcified nodule in lung. Advised biopsy if nodule changes in size. Opinion?

At my annual physical a cxr was done -conclusion: indeterminate nodular density within the left midlung. may reflect a confluence of shadows, though I cannot exclude the presence of a pulmonary nodule. I was sent for a CT impression:abnormality within the left chest on recent radiographs correlates with a nodule in the left midlung/left lower lobe. measures up to 9mm. not calcified. I was told by my PCP that they would send me back for another CT in 3 months to see if the nodule changes in size, if so I will have a biopsy , if not will go back for another CT in3 months. Should I wait 3 months and see if it changes in size or go to some type of specialist?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
No they are right in waiting. Some nodules may just be a remnant of benign granulomas however if u are more worried then u can go ahead and do a biopsy
Answered: Sun, 11 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor