Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Scan showed nasal septum deviation, suffering with continuous sinus headache, suggested surgery. Is there any other option?

hi doc, my wife has a nasal septum deviation , there is no deformation visible outside, but the scan report said deviation in nasal septum. She is suffering from continuous sinus headache which affects her normal work at home as well as office. Recently after getting the scan report we checked with an ENT specialist who suggested for a surgery as the solution. Firstly I would like to know why a nasal deviation would cause headache as it would only cause breathing problems & is there no other remedy other than a surgery?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Sir
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of information provided it appears your wife has deviated nasal septum. DNS can present in many ways . To name a few are nasal obstruction, headache, nasal discharge, anosmia(inability to smell) and so on. I would like to have a look on the scan to comment further about it.
Sinuses ventilation may be affected due to deviated nasal septum which can be a cause of headache.
I hope this answers your concern

with regards
Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor