Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Scaly red eczema rash on legs and torso, bleeding pustules, severe itching. Prescribed steroids. Permanent cure?

Hi, my 5 year old daughter has had a scaly red eczema rash on her legs and torso for several months, with fluid-filled pustules that eventually lose their skin, bleed , then go crusty and turn into a red spot that then disappears after a few weeks. They itch a lot. A dermatologist said that it was infected eczema, and prescribed a mild steroidal cream - this got rid of the scaly red eczema, but the pustules persist - what can I do? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
Your daughter might require one course of antibiotic to clear infection.
Apply triple action cream for infection, itching and soreness.
After infection clears continue with steroid cream.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor