Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Scab on buttocks, discomfort. Recurring problem. Need treatment

i have a scab on my butt crack and it hurts its been there for half a year what do i do? its kinda big like the first section of your thumb, it gets irritating and i can help but pick at it, im overweight and also have the same problem in my head, ive been to doctors before they say its just a fungal infection it never goes away no matter what medication they prescribe
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
thank you for your query
it may be intertrigo or fungal infection
chance of intertrigo is high at site you described
you need to keep the skin clean and dry
for short time you can apply steroid and antifungal cream .
better to consult dermatologist for proper treatment
do not scratch or popped the lesion
keep the weight under control
wear loose and cotton cloths to prevent friction .
we should find out the underlying medical problem also .

i hope i answered your query
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor