Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Same sex relationship, one partner depressed, angry, suicidal, frustrated. Treatment?

hi i have been with my partner for three years this is my first same sex reltionship and can honestly say i am totally happy though we have some problems my girlfriend lost her mum at a young age and blames herself she has a son who is fifteen and talks to her like crap i have four children myself that live by rules though are not strict however we have a few good months then all of a sudden her son plays up and talks to her like crap she tells him off but then feels bad goes into depression and starts cutting herself i keep helping her through but am t loss because then she starts on me and my kids about silly things like washing etc i work thirty nine hours a week cook take kids too and from school plz help
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You partner may be having emotionally unstable or borderline personality traits which may be the reason for her mood instabilities, poor coping skills, low frustration tolerance and self-harming behaviour. I would advise you take her to a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment and further treatment. There are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which can help can handle these emotional problems and depressive symptoms.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor