Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Sagging eye ball in peripheral vision, discomfort and redness. Worry?

Hi, I have a question about my eye. It s my right eye. For a couple days now, the corner of my right eye has been bugging because it feels like my eyeball is kind of sagging? I feel it when I look to the right or in my peripheral vision , it feels like some of my eye is being squished. It doesn t hurt but it is uncomfortable and concerning. I looked at it in the mirror and the area is slightly red and very glossy, it bulges out and is noticeable, I have had several people ask me what s wrong with my eye and I don t know. Should I be worried? Please help if you can
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Lira,
Welcome to HCM.
If it is your upper lid which is sagging,that could be causing your blurring of vision in that eye.
And regarding that swelling, it could be two things.
1. Hordeolum/Stye which in the beginning is painless but its red.
2. Allergic lid edema and conjunctivitis which is accompanied by itching .

Try giving warm compresses (10-15 mins) and a dose of oral anti allergic tablet along with anti inflammatory for a day.
If its not coming down , then consult your ophthalmologist in your area. Avoid rubbing your eyes till then.
Take care :).
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor