Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online


I am 31 years old, my daughter is 14 months old and I have been trying to conceive #2 for 4 months. My period returned about 4 months ago, but I breastfed my daughter until December 18, 2010. My pap test showed possible chlamydia infection which was not confirmed by a vaginal culture ( Elisa method). My current ob/gyn said that I need to get a PCR to be 100% sure and that a chlamydia infection could block the fallopian tubes . Is this possible to happen in 14 months? I have had two very easy conceptions in the past and have never had chlamydia infection, plus it is not possible to have contracted it in the past 14 months. Thank you for your answer.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

hi..., after the first pregnancy there is needed of gaping for next pregnancy at least of 2 year..,
this is to improve the health status of the mother and good health of next baby.., hence better you need to improve the health and then get cured of the chlamydial disaese and then get conceived... the infection will lead to abortions and congential abnormalities,, you need to get cured completely before getting pregnant...
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor