Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

SGPT level is 110. High blood pressure and gastric problem. Hepatitis negative. Treatment?

My gender is male and my age is 32 years. My SGPT level has been upto 110 for 3 years. I have problem of little bit high blood pressure sometimes. And also have some gastric problem like indigestion sometimes and stomach gas often. I dont use large quantity of medicines. My father is suffered from hepatitis C, but my hepatitis resulte were negative 2 years ago. What would be the cause of elevaiton and how it should be treated?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Elevation in SGPT has many causes which need to be investigated:
1. Alcohol intake- you need to quit it if yes
2.Obese or overweight- you need to reduce weight by exercise and low caloric diet
3. Hepatitis B (for which you should check HBsAg in blood)
4. Autoimmune disorder for which you should get ANA and SMA autoantibody test in blood
5. Dyslipidemia for which you should get lipid profile and also blood sugar levels
6.Serum ceruloplasmin levels for wilson disease

Get all these tests done and upload again all the reports and my query then only further advise can be given

Waiting for feedback.
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor