Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

SGPT high, don't drink or smoke, on healthy food. How to reduce this ?

Hello, I'm 31 years old, i did 3 times SGPT test, the first time it was 88 , second 99 and 3rd time 126.
In my test only the SGPT is high and all the other result are very gd, i drink slchool once or twice per month, but always before 15 days i dont drink alchool, i drink a lot of water, but i was so stresses at work for a while. I dont take any type of medicines, i dont smoke . most of my food are healthy, Can u plz advise what to do to reduce the SGPT level to the normal? And what i need to eat, what type of vegetables is advisable to eat and now im doing sports exercises each day, i have hg 1.71 mtr , wt 77, thank you
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
SGPT or alanine aminotranferase ( A L T ) is primarily found in liver .
The normal value of A L T is 5-50 I U . In your case as this level is progressively increasing.
Your food is healthy and you are doing regular exercise that's a good thing.
In my opinion get in ultrasound of liver with M R I so that exact reason of elevation of A L T ( SGPT ) can be find out . Consult a gastroenterologist and get his opinion as diet alone will not be albe to cure this level.
Good luck. Dr. HET
Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor