Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Ruptured discs, unbearable neck, lower back pains, burning and numbness in shoulders, tingling fingers. Want to undergo back surgery. Which specialist should I consult for pain?

I have 5 ruptured discs, neck and lower back area are manageable pain levels, area between shoulder blades is chronic severe pain and burning sensation, some numbness and aching in shoulders, arms, and occasional tingling in pinky and 3rd fingers on both hands. I had a fall ice skating 13 years ago, am 41 years old, 5 7 tall 128lbs, a runner, and am considering it may be time for back surgery. Have battled my back issues for 13 years with exercise, ibuprophen, pilates , chiropractor, but the upper back area seems to be getting worse and the tingling and numbness is new. My question is WHO is the best Doctor for my type of pain?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Surgery is the last option of any disease.First you should go with conservative treatment.You should consult a good orthopaedician and Physiotherapist and I am sure that If you go to any Physiotherapy clinic where they apply SWD,TRACTION,IFT OR TENS and exercise continously at least 3 month both time then you can get good result.
Answered: Fri, 4 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor