Owl Image

Rules and other protocols for starting a dialysis unit

I am a diploma holder in dilaysis therapy from CMC&H vellore. I am in govt service for the past 10 years in the same feild and would like to start my own dialyis unit after deep exploration of the need of the same in my area.It would be helpful if i am breifed about the rules and other protocols for starting a dilaysis unit
Fri, 18 Sep 2009
Dialysis is a very important procedure, as its life saving in most of the sever kidney disease. my grandma has also undergone dialysis in the hospital, 3-4 times. now the procedure is advanced she is getting dialysis at home only, even the price is affordable. its good that these types of procedures are also done in home.
  Anonymous's Response
Seema, you have not mentioned about the rules of starting the unit.The protocol for dialysis unit is to get the approval from the local medical authority.It can be applied as a nursing home license or as a hospital license. Are you talking about the portable one or do you want to set up your own center ?if you wish you can check with the doctors in hospitals by calling any doctor from the database here or even doctors on this site who can give you more details about the administrative procedure.
  Anonymous's Response

is there anything such as a procedure that should be fallowed in India to open a dialysis unit associated with a clinic or a hospital both supportive to each other.

I need to know about the reaserch on stemcells and its advancement in the feild of nephrology. can kidneys be harvested using dtem cells in the near future.  when will it come to india.