Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Routine urine test showed high RBC count, pus cells, have burning sensation, sexually active. Cause of elevated counts?

Hi, I am a 28 year old female and my height is 5 3. I currently have a fiance and we are in an intimate relationship involving sex. for travel purposes, I was asked to do a Urinary Full Report and most of the results came out normal. The doctors here were concerned about my RBC count which was 15-20 and my PUS cell count which was 2-3. I had a slight burning sensation about 4 days ago but now I don t feel anything. Do you know why these counts are high? Please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
In sexually active females of your age it is very common to have Urinary Tract Infection and also if your cycle dates are near by when you gave sample may be the reason of RBCs in the urine sample.
As burning sensation was there ,what you can do is just give a clean catch repeat sample if these are not your cycle dates or if yes give sample after 3-4 days. If infection comes then Urinary specific Antibiotics may be required for you.If normal just take care of your health.
In the meantime drink plenty of fluids if possible crineberry juice. It will help to flush urinary system
Advise would be to have protected sex as it is safe.
Good Luck
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor