Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Routine colonscopy showed ulcer on terminal ileum, have blood in urine since then, scheduled for ct scan. Is it due to ulcer?

In 2007 I had my routine colonscopy which no polyps were found, however, the doctor sighted one ulcer of the terminal ileum. He said there was nothing to worry about. Five years later, Mar. 2012 the terminal ileum appeared normal. Great! Since then, during my routine physical exam, I was told there was blood in my urine and after seeing the urologist , I ve been scheduled for a ct scan . Could this be a result of the ulcer that I once had?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Common causes of blood in the urine are infection, stones, diseases of the kidney like IgA Nephropathy or cancer.
I do not think that this is related to the ileal ulcer which you had.
Hope this helps
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 1 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor