Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Round, hard bump on the ear, sore to touch, no other symptom. Treatment required?

My 7 year old daughter woke up this morning complaining her earring post must have irritated her while she was sleeping. Upon closer inspection of the area I noticed there wasn t any hole or mark which an earring post would have left. It is a pea size ,round hard bump that does not move when touched. She is complaining of it being sore to the touch. She doesn t have any other symptoms. Is this something I should be concerned about?
Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

The area of the earring being sore with a bump could be an early sign of infection or reaction to the earring, esp if the ear was pierced recently. If the ear was pierced long ago then it maybe a Keloid formation. If the soreness continues for more than a day it is advisable to meet the ENT specialist to take due medications.

I thank you for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. I you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor