Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Root canals. Have consistent pain. Have sinus infection. Help?

Hi I have two root canals on my front two teeth n the two teeth to the left randomly started hurting a few days ago. Now I have a consistent pain in my left gums I took ib it helped for about two hours and sinus relief again helped about two hours I ve had sinus infection before n I just wonder if this is or because I m not very stuffy
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
I would suggest you to get X-Ray done of associated tooth for proper diagnosis.
According to your history you are having abscess in that tooth & you need to get Root Canal done in that tooth.It can also be due to faulty root canal in previously restored teeth.
To rule out consult your dentist.

Take Care
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Chaithanyaa Nemaly's  Response
Hello there...Its been how long you have your root canal done? Maxillary sinus is most commonly effected when the temperature drops down. maxillary sinus is located just above your upper teeth. At times the bone separating the sinus floor and your upper jaw becomes very thin. Otherwise inherently few people have a very thin separation between them. There are nerves that supply your upper teeth. When the sinus is infected or inflamed this irritates the nerve transversing the floor of the sinus and the pain is radiated over your upper teeth. This is when the diagnosis plays an important role. If sinusistis is treated the pain radiating to your upper teeth would subside. We prescribe antibiotics for a period of 5-7 days with anti-inflammatory's for 3-4 days. steam inhalation is advised atleast 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Consult a Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon or an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management.
Answered: Tue, 18 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor