Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Root canal surgery needed. Took antib, clear discharge from ear, lump behind ear lobe. Treatment?

hi my boyfriend is 43 years old. 2 weeks ago he had gone to dentist , needs root canel done, they gave him antib. 3 days later he had water leaking out of ear. (its clear and not sticky) feels like water. last night noticed a pea size lump behind ear lope area. He has no medical insurance, how long can he wait to go to doctors? will it go away on own? should we worry?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You seem to be suffering from otitis media song with a lump behind your ear which is most likely due to secondary to ear infection.
You must consult a ENT specialist and take a proper course of antibiotic after proper investigations.
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ahmad Hafiz's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Most probably it is a swollen lymph node due to the infected tooth. It should be relieved by itself if the infection is treated properly. You do not need to worry but if it doesn't disappear he should consult his doctor.

Dr Ahmad

Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor