Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Ringing sound in the ear after exposure to loud sound. Need to go to ENT specialist?

Dear doctor. 5 days back i was sitting in front of the computer adjusting my speakers...suddenly .. the speaker sound was very was only for 1 second not more because i did turn off the volume.. At that time i did not notice but the next day when i woke up i was feeling awkward and hearing ringing sound in my ear....its been there for 4 days now...its very irritating and frustrating..What do you suggest? Do you think i need to go to the Audiologist or ENT specialist? Last Question: Will it go away?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, sudden loud noises have the potentials to damage your ear drum and in extreme cases even your inner ear apparatus. It would be a good precaution to visit your ENT specialist and take an opinion about the same. Usually these conditions can be treated with a minor surgury but the ultimate decision will be taken by the specialist after he has examined you and knows the extent of damage. Do take care.
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor