Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Ringing in the ear after an injury. On antibiotics for infection. Surgery declined. Any other treatment?

Hello Dr, I received a severe slap to the side of my head exactly 2 years ago causing a large perforation and the resulting ringing. It got infected about 2 months later after a small amount of water slipped by the blue tac plug so I was placed on an aggresive course of antibiotics both topical and internal which cleared the infection! It was the ENT who agreed that I could let it naturally as I declined surgery and that if I could be patient it would take at least 2-4 years due to the size of it. I have occasionally felt some fluid draining from the inner/middle area where it feels wet to my finger when touched. I am struggling with the constant high pitch ringing so I m wondering if this fluid could have somehow become trapped and causing this tinnitus to persist?? Any advice :((
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
I have gone through your query.
It suggests that cause of your tinnitus lies in your ear i.e. perforation of the ear drum.
If you have only condutive hearing loss in your ear then better to go for ear surgery.
For this you may go for pure tone audiometry.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor