Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Ringing in ear, had wax removed, was slapped in right ear, not able to hear properly. Causes ?

i have had ear ringing for a week and my doctor said it was an ear infection . she cleaned my ear from all the biult up ear wax . she gave me medicine and it still wont go away. Then my little brother slaped me in my right ear and i cant hear as well as i used to. Plus im anemic so is that the cause of my ringing but my doctor told me to go to a ear, nose , throat doctor. by the way im 17
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question
Your right the tinitis (ringing in ear) could be due to anaemia .
The loss of hearing following slap could be due to rupture of the ear drum
It will be better for you to consult an ENT specialist.
Ruptured drum can heal of itself ,if some precautions are taken;
Keeping the ear dry.
Avoiding the common cold and its complication like sore throat and blocked nose.
Addationally you may need multivitamins.
Hope this answers your question
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor