Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Ring like spots on skin. Is it dry? What can I do?

hi there i have some spots that look like ring worm i went and saw a doctor 2 weeks ago and got some cream he told me that the spots wernt ring worm they looked like a xmer type the a round like ring worm and in the centre the skin looks as if its dry what could this be and what remidys can i get for it to go away and fast
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

with little history, it seems that lesions you have would be tinea corporis.
Also called ringworm infection.
It is fungal infection.
Clinically easy to diagnose.
Other skin diseases which look alike should be kept in mind.
Therefore , you consult dermatologist for perfect diagnosis..
KOH scrapping for fungus test would confirm or rule out ringworm infection..

Anti fungal tablets and cream would be the best treatment.
Avoid soap, which may exacerbate the disease.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor