Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Right thumb tip injury. Wearing frog splint. X-ray shows minor fracture. Will nail grow again?

hi am XXXXX, i had right thumb tip crushed while working in my bike chain sprockets system. after x-ray it has been a minor fracture due to compression and nail is almost hanging, will it grow again. now am wearing frog splint . its aching a lot. am i wearing it wrongly. its been fixed in the palm side....pls advice sir and madam
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case with diligence

If nail bed is intact nail will grow in 4 to 6 months time.

You may need to take early physiotherapy to avoid stiffness.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 17 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor