Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Right knee pain, swelling in knee cap, hard lump. MRI shows torn meniscus. Treatment?

MRI in February and my Doctor didn t mention the torn meniscus until last week. My Right knee is in terrible pain, swollen and tender to the upper Right of the kneecup; today I see a large lump, not tender but solid, on the Left side of the same knee. I don t see the doctor until August 31....should I be more concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  306
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A torn meniscus is likely to cause the swelling of the knee with intense pain. You need to provide adequate rest to the knee, avoid weight bearing at all costs. You can use a knee brace to decrease the swelling.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 18 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor