Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Right kidney is non-functional. Is it necessary to go for surgery ?

Hi my father is having high uric acid problem now it is found after doing MRI that his right kidney is non functional what should we do
Asked On : Sun, 24 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Greetings,you need to let me know if his other kidney is normal functioning or not and whether his renal function parameters are normal. the high uric acid maybe corrected by medication and modification of diet and fluid intake.
Answered: Fri, 3 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Rajiv goel's  Response

Uric acid problem can be easily dealt with by the use of medications. As far as the non functional kidney is concerned you need to see whether there is swelling on the kidney; what is the possible etiology and whether this kidney has the potential to cause any problem in future. You should probably see a urologist and he shall be in position to answer all these questions for yourself.
Answered: Fri, 3 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,please visit a nephrologist,who will advise some more investigation and after that he will advise some treatment.Some dyes used in procudure can harm kidneys but some times this can be taken care by medicines.So do not waste time see a specialist.bye.
Answered: Sun, 1 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor