Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Right ear hurts when burping. have mild hearing loss. What could it be?

My right ear hurts when I burp. I was at the ENT to get last week and the doctor told me there was no fluid. I do have mild-moderate hearing loss , however. I also just started taking decongestants to help alleviate pressure. I have also tried holding my nose and gently blowing. Any idea as to what else it may be or what I can do?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding pain and hearing loss in right ear whenever burping is there.

Your symptoms favors that you are having upper respiratory tract infection may be evident or in sub clinical stage.This type of infections usually puts the eustachian tube in dysfunction which results in pain in ear and loss of hearing.

You should do-

1- C.T.Scan of paranasal sinuses.

2- Tympanometry and stapedial reflexes.

3- Culture and sensitivity of throat swab and sputum for AFB.

4- X-Ray chest.

Till the investigations are going on and diagnosis is awaited you may take-

a- Anti histaminic.

b- Tab Paracetamol.

c- Steam inhalation.

d- Antibiotic - this is decided by culture report but till report is awaited you may take any broad spectrum antibiotic.

I hope this will help you.

Answered: Sat, 26 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor