Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Right butt, hips more fuller than left side. Butt crack crooked. Uncomfortable wearing swimsuits, jeans. See a doctor?

okay so i have noticed that my butt is kind of lopsided. My right side butt and hips seems to be more fuller than my left side. I know that no body is perfect, but i don t remember it being this way, before i did track as freshman in high school. However, i never finished my track season because i was injured ( shin splints ) and i would limp and depend on my more dominate right side. I am now a freshman in college (18), and it bothers me, because i feel uncomfortable in some of the jeans i wear and swimsuits. Another thing i have noticed is that my butt crack is crooked (not terribly, but slightly) to the right side. I am wondering if there is anything i could do (exercises) or should i go see a doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
You could possibly have a minor scoliosis of the spine. This is when the spine has a curvature to one side or the other. It can lead to an asymmetry which makes one hip more prominent. If you have been able to take part in regular sports then any curvature is likely to be relatively minor.
It may be worthwhile seeing a physiotherapist for an assessment and possibly scans. An orthopedic insole in one shoe can sometimes help to correct the alignment of the hips.
I hope this is helpful.
Dr K A Pottinger
Answered: Tue, 30 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor