Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Ribcage and Back Pain feel like there is a vice around body. Whom should i consult for this ?

Ribcage and Back Pain feel like there is a vice around my body My ribs hurt so bad that i can t breathe more than a shallow breath or stand up fully straight. It is just one about half way up my rib cage and it hurts in the front and the back of my body but not the side. When i push on the front the back hurts. It feel as though I have popped my rib out of place, is that possible? I slept on my side on the floor, have done yoga , and lifted close to 50 lbs. repeatedly (which I am used to) I am not sure if any or all of these are the cause? I am 23 and female, but i have a clear medical history . What kind of doctor should I see?
Asked On : Mon, 2 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  456
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Mary, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You should be seeing a Orthopedist for this. May be it is Costochondritis. You may need analgesics and other Medications. Kindly get yourself examined by a Orthopedist to rule out the exact cause.
Avoid stress and get adequate rest. Apply heat pads where you get more pain, several times a day and avoid sleeping on the affected side.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor