Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Rib protrudes directly to the left of center chest

Hi there. Im 15 years old and my rib protrudes directly to the left of my center chest . This has been bothering me for a while and I m not sure if I ll grow out of it eventually or if it will ever go away. Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
1. Seems you are suffering from a condition called Pectus carinatum. It usually occurs / becomes prominent during growth spurt occuring during adolescence
2. Eventhough most of the causes are genetic, the deficiency of Vit.D / Calcium / Phosphate imbalance in body (Rickets) can also cause,
3. Apart from cosmetic complication, the condition usually leads to deformity in spine (kypho-scoliosis) and cardio-pulmonary complications,
4. Its better you get a Cardio-thoracic surgeon's consultation and proceed with the treatment.
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor