Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Rib cage

When i was young i was diagnosed with what is called pigeons chest. In the past couple of days Ive felt discomfort where my ribs overlap right in the center i think that s called the sternum, Ive recently been working out is this due to my recent muscle build up? the pain is felt when ever my abdominal or chest muscles contract, some times i feel a little snap?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1891
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

This can be because of your workout. You reduce the amount of exercise and watch for few days if it does not improve please consult your physician/general surgeon.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shirish Sachdeva's  Response
Hello Dear,

Here I would like to add that in this condition you should performed exercises only on the prescription of your physiotherapist. Allow him/her to evaluate you first and then decide an excercise protocol balanced in stretching and strengthening exercises combined with exercised to improve your lung capacity as well. And do not overdo any exercise or perform one that increases any sort of pain.

If it dosent help then you can definately consult the general surgeon for the same.

Hope it helps

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor