Rhythm of a dying heart

which medical term decribes the rhythm of a dying heart ?
Thu, 17 Nov 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Hi ,
thanks for your query. Arrhythmia is the term which is used to describe abnormal rhthym of the heart.
Several arrhythmias are known to be dangerous and may lead to death. Ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia , atrial fibrillation, asystole, PEA are a few examples.
Hope this answers your question. Have a healthy life.

mitsuo's  Response
im not really sure what you mean with "dying heart" but here are some pointers bradycardia -- slow heart rate (but regular) tachycardia -- fast heart rate (also regualr) ventricular fibrillation -- very tough to explain, usually a normal heart rhytm has one small spike, followed by one big spike, then another small spike. with ventricular fibrillation -- it's completely abnorma and out of sync -- it's all small spikes and no pause in betwen. ventricular tachycardia -- is all big spikes with no rest in between. Asystole -- is no rhythm at all i think when you say "dying heart" you meant heart attack -- you see, what happens with heart attack is that you get chest pain -- because blood is not able to travel to a specific muscle in our heart (because of some blockage) -- that muscle is trying to work, even if no oxygen is supplied to it -- that's what causes the chest pain. when suddenly, the pain goes away -- it could mean 2 things: good -- that the blockage has been dislodged bad -- the heart muscle died -- and that's probably what you meant with "dying heart"