Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Retinitis Pigmentosa, please suggest treatment for him

My relative's son is affected by this retinitis pigmentosa. Now he is aged about 23. Can you have any treatment for him to get back the vision. He can now see the biger letters only. At present he is in chennai. He is from Rameswaram Kindly advice me. He had his consultation in Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  560
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Retinitis pigmentosa is a progressive disorder occuring due to genetic defects.. It is very sad that the treatment modalities are only to prevent the rapid progression and slow the progress of the disease... Iam not sure of Chennai, but Bangalore definitely has a few centres which are good.. You may try mnto Hospital at chamarajpet, bangalore.. Hope you find it useful...

Answered: Fri, 12 Feb 2010
  User's Response

You can try Vit A therapy.For more details visit

Answered: Thu, 15 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor