Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Retarded hair growth. What could the cause and cure be?

i wan to ask u qutn that i have 1 younger sister n she had no hair on her head it means hair are growing but only some limitations and thereafter they break down n agains same problm she is suffer. we taken last 10years treatment on her hair with various hair specialist but no result found and 1 single doctor is helpful for any suggestions and solutions only now m realized that doctors are not for service provider they want only money. if any one help in this case i will really appreciate for his ability or giving time for needfull pepole. pls help us doctor
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

As per your query your sister have retarded hair growth. I can very well understand your concern for your sister.

Thre are certain conditions of the har where we find early breakage of hair. I think till now you were not guided about your sister's condition. Hair problems are definitely the problems which take a long time of months before it can be sorted out. You need to have a good follow up of at least 6 months before you think of changing any doctor.

Even then for the best of the remedy you make her follow a good dietary plan in your daily schedule. You should know that our hair are basically made up of proteins and supported by certain simple biochemical known as minerals and vitamins. So every of the food item which contains good amount of proteins with vitamins and minerals are best for maintenance and growth of good hair.
So let her eat a lot of fruits, green vegetables, sprouts and milk products in your diet.
Hope this information helps you. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help.
"Wish you good health"
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Shilpa Bhat's  Response
dear ssangam, i sympathise to your sister. Just because she i not find a solution u cannot blame the entire doctor community. U have not mentioned ur sister's age. I guess it may be a genetic problem of the hair shaft. U nee to consult a qualified dermatologist. Now a days we find many so called doctors, calling themselves trichologists without having sufficient knowledge of the subject. U nee to visit a alopathic doctor who has mastered the subject of dermatology.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor