Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Resurfacing pilonidal cyst, increasing tailbone pain, staph infection. What type of surgery can be expected?

Hi there ! I am a 46 yr old female . 30 years ago I had a pilonidal sinus Surgery , recovery was lengthy and very painful . A few days ago it flared up. I went to the doctors he said I had staph infection and made me an appointment to see a surgeon . My tail bone is incredibly painful . What type of surgery do you think they will perform??
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Your acute pain is caused by an abscess due to pilonidal cyst infection. You should not wait for your appointment as it should be incised and evacuated right away. Such abscess can lead to whole body infection that is why it should not be left alone.
The first step in such cases is just incision for pus evacuation. After acute inflammation healing, you can get scheduled for surgical removal of the cyst (probably the same you have had before).

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor