Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Reports show high levels of ALT, AST, BUN. Artery from heart ton liver blocked. Suggestions?

I just got lab results back and the results show that the ALT , AST, & BUN are high. I know that the artery from my heart to my liver is partially blocked, and might be causing the problem. Is there anything I can do to prevent further blockage. I take generic lipitor for Cholesterol, exercise nearly every day, eat very little red meat, etc. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Dear mister, there is no any prevention but changing lifestyle as you said so just keep watching for your lipids levels and follow dietary guidelines. The most blood delivery to liver comes from portal vein (75%) and the other from hepatic artery 25% so even significant cronic developed thrombosis of artery wouldnt have some serious consequences. Despite it you should try to prevent further formation of atherosclerosis not only in this artey but also in all other especially in heart and extremities. Also you should avoid risks that cause liver damage such as alcohol, some medications and viral hepatitis.

Wish you good health, Dr. Ivan Romic (Rominho)
Answered: Sat, 8 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor